We mark this anniversary with the DW-5040PG — an innovative new formation of the very first G-SHOCK, the DW-5000, which debuted 40 years ago in April 1983. The limited-edition timepiece is clad in recrystallized and deep-layer hardened stainless steel developed with this run in mind.
Recrystallization and deep-layer hardening processes are applied to the screw-lock case back, buckle, and band loop. The black ion-plated case back and gold ion-plated buckle and band loop come together for an original look of remarkable radiance.
To help reduce environmental impact, the bezel and band are made of biomass plastics. The band loop is engraved with four stars for 40, while the words “PROJECT TEAM ‘Tough’” on the dial are a shout out to the team that developed the very first G-SHOCK.
The case back is engraved with the Eric Haze-designed 40th logo, and the lower left button is engraved with a star, for a timepiece that crystallizes the G-SHOCK 40th anniversary celebration.
- Gold Stainless Steel Case, 49.3 × 43.2 × 13 mm
- Gold Stainless Steel Band
- Positive LCD
- Weight: 167 g
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- Solid Band
- Stainless Steel Band
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp
- Shock Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6
- Tough Solar (Solar powered)
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- Auto time adjustment
- Easy watch setting
- Approximately 300 world time cities + user-added point
- Phone finder
- Mineral Glass
- Screw Lock Back
- Gold ion plated case
- Gold ion plated band
- AIP®(Arc Ion Plating) + Ion Plating
- Compatible band size: 150 to 205 mm
- 5 World time: 39 time zones (39 cities +coordinated universal time), auto summer time (DST) switching, home city/world time city swapping
- 1/100-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 00'00''00~59'59''99 (for the first 60 minutes)
1:00'00~23:59'59 (after 60 minutes)
Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments, 1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- LED backlight (Super illuminator)
- Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (2 seconds or 4 seconds), afterglow
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Mute feature
- Button operation tone on/off
- Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Low battery alert
- Approx. battery operating time:
10 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
22 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration and mobile link function)
- 12/24-hour format
- Date/month display swapping
- Day display (days of the week selectable in six languages)
- Regular timekeeping:
Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Time Calibration Signals
Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany)
Frequency: 77.5 kHz
Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England)
Frequency: 60.0 kHz
Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States)
Frequency: 60.0 kHz
Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan)
Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga)
Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China)
Frequency: 68.5 kHz
Time calibration signal reception
Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
*5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal
The latest signal reception results
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund as soon as we get the returned item.
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. Once Return Authorization is given please return the item within 14 days. No packages will be accepted once the return period has expired.
We ship only to continental US, Alaska & Hawaii address. We do not ship to P.O.Box, APO/FPO address or make any International shipments.
All orders are processed and shipped in 48 HR period once the payment is approved and received.
All orders are shipped with Priority Mail service ( 2-3 days ) Some areas it takes an additional day ( Hawaii, Alaska and rural areas ). Please also consider that Sundays and Holidays will delay the delivery.